You love your child so much and you want the best thing to provide him in as much as you can. Knowing that your child has cancer, you don’t have to dwell in negativity. A cancer survivors camp can help you and the patient’s well-being. Read on to understand cancer better and learn how you can still have a wonderful life.
What Causes Cancer?
Cancer damages human genes. A cancer patient is exposed to a cancer-causing substance, known as a carcinogen. There are several causes of cancer, and there are two known factors — cancer risk factors and lifestyle-related factors.
Cancer Risk Factors
- Genetic or internal factors: age, gender, hereditary genetic imperfections, and skin type
- Exposure to the environment: researching in an area with radon and UV radiation
- Occupational risk issues, including carcinogens such as chemicals, asbestos, or radioactive materials
- Smoking: Aside from harming yourself, the smoke that you exhale is more toxic for people surrounding you (secondhand smoke)
- Drinking liquor: Some experts suggest that some liquor provides certain benefits. Before consumption, it’s better to get advice from your physician.
- Exposure to UV radiation in sunlight during travels and adventures
- Some food-related influences: consuming nitrites and polyaromatic hydrocarbons after barbecuing food
Different Options for Managing Cancer
Here are the standard management options for patients with cancer. A patient may undergo one treatment, a series of sessions, or a combination of these:
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Clinical Trials
- Hormone Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Radio Frequency Ablation
- Targeted Drug Therapy
Cancer-Causing Bacteria and Viruses
Chronic illnesses most children acquire are the following:
- Tumor: affecting kidneys, bone, sympathetic nervous system, and central nervous system
Early detection is vital to save your life. Have the necessary medical examination to identify these cancer-causing bacteria and viruses in your system:
- Helicobacter pylori: leads to gastritis
- HBV, HCV: hepatitis viruses
- HPV (human papillomavirus): harms cervical cells
- EBV (Epstein-Barr virus): attacks the throat lymphoid, resulting in inflammation
Nutritious Foods to Include in Your Diet to Lower Your Risk of Cancer
When you have multiple health conditions, consult your physician to be aware of the right foods that you must consume to avoid side effects and keep the situation from getting worse. Here’s a list of nutritious foods that can help lower the risk of cancer:
- Olive oil
- Citrus fruits
- Fatty fish
The Help You Can Gain from Camp for Cancer Survivors
There are many benefits that camps for people with cancer can bring, such as the following:
- With minor adjustments, patients with cancer get the chance to enjoy certain activities that healthy individuals do with adequate supervision of the camp staff.
- Reduces disease-related pressure and anxiety
- Cancer patients receive support and guidance to be in control of their experiences
If you discovered that you or your loved one has cancer, it’s not the end of life. You must continue your life and you can make it more meaningful. It has been noted that being happy helps you recover quicker than agonizing and self-pitying.